Friday 9 December 2016

Middle School Production

As I walked through the Manurewa central school auditorium I heard people playing their violins. They were playing a lovely song. The middle school were  doing a production because they were celebrating the Diversity of our culture. One of my favourite dances was black or white. My other favourite thing was Rakau.

Black or white is a type of dance. First the black or white people lined up. Next the music came on. The music was by Michael Jackson. When I looked at the dancers they were doing a lot of movements. When I looked at Noah he was doing his best to make his parents proud. He was moving a lot and mostly he is trying to make his parents proud of him. Once they have finished we all clapped. I was very amazed at their dance moves.

Rakau is where you get 2 wooden sticks and you bang them together to make music. First all the Rakau people grabbed 2 Rakau sticks. Next they all sat down on the floor. Then someone called out “Hope Rakau”. Then the music came on. When they finished we all clapped again.

I think you should come next year because this show was absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment